16 Friends Apartment Facts
- Is the Friends apartment a set?
- Is the Friends apartment above Central Perk?
- Is the Friends apartment building real?
- Does anyone live in the Friends apartment?
- Do Monica and Rachel get the apartment back?
- Why did the guys and girls switch apartments in Friends?
- Why didn't Ross and Rachel move into Monica's apartment?
- What floor is Monica's apartment on?
- Where is the Friends apartment?
- Who lives in the Friends apartment?
- Where is the Friends apartment set?
- Can you go inside the Friends apartment?
- What street is the Friends apartment on?
- Can you rent the Friends apartment?
- Is the apartment in Friends a real apartment?
- Are the apartments in Friends realistic?
Yes, the Friends apartment was a set. It was built on a soundstage in Los Angeles. Interior shots were filmed on the soundstage, while exterior shots were a real building in New York City at 90 Bedford Street. The Friends apartment as seen on television only existed as a set.
It isn’t stated implicitly that The Friends apartment was above Central Perk but implied that it is was in the same apartment block. Central Perk was a set and not filmed in a real coffee shop.
Yes, the Friends apartment building is real and is located at 90 Bedford Street in New York City. The apartment was a set. And there appears to be no correspondence between the exterior of the real building as shown on television and the Friends apartments set.
No, the Friends apartment was a set and never actually existed outside of a soundstage in Los Angeles. No one lives the Friends apartment because it only ever existed as a set.
Yes, Monica and Rachel do get their apartment back. Monica and Rachel get their apartment back in the episode “The One with All the Haste.” Rachel and Monica get their apartment back by offering to kiss Joey and Chandler for one full minute.
The guys and girls in Friends initially switched apartments after the girls lose in a game of trivia. The girls lost the apartment because neither Monica nor Rachel knew Chandler’s occupation. The apartment swap occurs in episode “The One with the Embryos.”
Monica’s apartment only had two bedrooms. Her apartment would have probably been too small to fit Ross, Rachel and Emma.
Monica’s apartment is on the fifth floor. Joey and Chandler’s apartment is also on the fifth floor.
The Friends apartment is at 945 Grove Street, New York. Located in Greenwich Village. Monica and Rachel’s apartment is number 20. Joey and Chandler’s apartment is number 19.
Monica Geller and Rachel Green live in apartment 20. Chandler Bing and Joey Tribbiani live in apartment 19, which is across the hall from Monica and Rachel.
The Friends apartment is set in Greenwich Village in New York City.
No, you can’t go inside the Friends apartment as it was a set on a soundstage. The Friends apartment is not real.
The exterior shots were filmed at 90 Bedford Street in New York City.
No, you can’t rent the Friends apartment as it never actually existed as an apartment. It was completely fictional.
The Friends apartment was not a real apartment but a set on a soundstage.
Yes, the Friends apartments are realistic and give the look of a Greenwich Village apartment. Monica’s apartment is an eclectic mix of different styles of furniture and colors. It features an open floor plan, two bedrooms and one bathroom.